Here’s a very last-minute call for anyone interested in attending a workshop on the sociology of data. It’s half a day at OII, January 11th. Check out the invitation and send us 300-500 words if you’re interested.
accra africa agent based modelling archiving bigdata big data citizen lab complexity science connectivity corruption crime cyber crime cyber security dagbani data protection data science development digital freedom e-waste eccs13 emcsr EU data ghana humanitarian data ict4d IGF2013 IGF 2013 interdisciplinarity internet cafe internet governance kaneshie LAWA maps marietje schaake migration mobile internet modernity northern region Obama OII oiibigdata online fraud open data open development personal data privacy proverbs research ethics Romney ron deibert sakawa social sciences sociology systems modelling tamale US election william dutton
- big data in the developing world
- Big Data: Tools and Access
- Data for growth vs. data protection? an EU debate
- more dagbani proverbs
- big data: rewards and risks for the social sciences
- sakawa! no, really! sakawa!
- Surveil the rich, observe the poor: big data at the Internet Governance Forum 2013
- what's next