Here’s a very last-minute call for anyone interested in attending a workshop on the sociology of data. It’s half a day at OII, January 11th. Check out the invitation and send us 300-500 words if you’re interested.
accra accra floods africa agent based modelling archiving big data bigdata citizen lab complexity science connectivity corruption crime cyber crime cyber security dagbani data for development data governance data protection data science development digital freedom e-waste emcsr EU data ghana humanitarian data ict4d IGF 2013 IGF2013 innovation interdisciplinarity internet cafe internet governance kaneshie LAWA maps migration mobile internet modernity northern region Obama OII oiibigdata online fraud open data open development personal data privacy proverbs research ethics Romney sakawa smart cities smart solutions social sciences sociology systems modelling tamale US election
- Against innovation (mostly)
- Scientific field or hairball? big data research as an academic reality
- data governance in the humanitarian sphere: divide and rule? (the small challenge part ii)
- big data in the developing world
- the small challenge of data governance (and democracy, accountability and altruism)